Our school charter specifies in detail what the board, principal and teaching staff will be trying to achieve over the next three years.
The following is a summary of key projects, beyond business as usual, that the hardworking people at the school are immersed in or have in the pipeline.
Each of these should represent at least one specific initiative requiring either change or review.
- Maintain a diverse curriculum
- Improve our work with children at risk of poor educational outcomes or confidence
- Celebrate personal or cultural diversity in the curriculum
- Promote collaborative work within and across classrooms
- Embed an inquiry learning model
- Develop the environmental aspects of the curriculum
- Work towards silver Enviroschool status
- Meet requirements at ERO reviews
- Participate in community initiatives
- Create more and better opportunities for parents to engage with the school
- Develop and implement new ways of generating funding
- Address challenges presented by aging property (including the playground)
- Improve stakeholder communications
The board is the driving force behind this programme of work. Our principal, Raewyn Watson is responsible for its delivery.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Raewyn in the first instance if you have any questions or concerns.